Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Another day

After poking my way all the way through to 970, it looked like there was nobody.  I've gone more than 1/2 of the way, near 2/3s of the way with nothing.  I figured I go to 1000 for now.  Then, at 973, I hit upon someone who was searching for the family of his fiance'.  He gave info:  Born in Tampa.  Check.  Born at "Women's Hospital".  Check.  Born in Month wanted, day wanted... CHECK.

The info looked wrong, though.  Looked as if the adoption was from a woman from Atlanta.  That didn't make sense.  I marked the page.  I was tired.

A few days later, I was back on that page.  I had misread.  The adoption was by an Atlanta Resident...and we have a name.  But there are far too many with that name.  And one person has several "AKA"...  which did not make sense.

But I was on the trail.  I started asking for help to find the address of the person in question.  With help from "FINDING IN FLORIDA" Yahoo group, I got a name and an address.  I'd give it a try.

I mailed out a letter in August.  One day in September, the phone rang.  It was she to whom I had written.  Medical problems suspected, matched.  The only question left would be TIME OF DAY... and it fell, so neatly, into the time period I wanted.  Hopes, WAY UP!

Trish did DNA...  hopefully, something would be confirmed later.  It would be months.

The more we chatted, the more I was convinced.  Same hobbies!  Sane medical problems.  Same eye color.
I shifted focus to DNA searching for parents.A couple of matches at 23andme, but nothing I could verify because my invitations and queries went unanswered.
Finally, the day came when I uploaded to www.gedmatch.com

This proved to be vital, a tipping point for Trisha's search.  But it wouldn't be enough.  We needed more.

No comments:

Post a Comment