Tuesday, April 12, 2016

The journey

The journey began almost 64 years ago; 64 years in May.  This is when Trish was born.  She often wondered about her family -- who are they?  WHERE?  Why was she given to Catholic Charities for placement?

In 1975, her only child was born.  Circumstances dictated that her child would suffer the same fate as she...To be an "AFO-Syndrome" baby, placed through Children's home Society.

I would marry Trish in 1990.  She would speak of her lost daughter.  She would tell me her father was a musician.  But I had nothing with which to work.  The search led nowhere.

I picked up the search, again, about 10 years later, but still didn't have a clue as to what was needed.

Then, in 2013, I started again.  I frequented the boards, groups dealing with children that had been placed through various agencies.

In 2014, we decided that we would try DNA before the end of the year.

I also learned of a site called COUSINCONNECT.COM which I checked, hoping to find clues.

Clues.
Clues?

I checked over and over for clues to Trisha's parents.  Nothing.  Nobody looking.  She's a total "non-entity."

So, I thought I would see what I might find in the search for her long-lost child.  Hospital, County, Date, sex, time of day...at least approximately on that last one.

Over 1500 entries.  I started going through, one by one.  First hundred.  Nothing.  Second hundred.  A date, but not the sex.  Third Hundred:  Hospital, Gender, but date is off.  400, 500, 600 -- the story repeats.  No answers.

700.  800.  900.  Do you realize how much time I spent?

It looked hopeless.  But I would continue to plow through this info.

More to come.  Hopefully, Trish will do some entries, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment