Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Lacking definitive proof yet.

Details slowly come to light.  From these, I have attempted to construct a working hypothesis.  I am trying to find proof that the hypothesis is correct.  The info I have shows "Possible."

I need someone to do a DNA test.  But how does one reach out "ACROSS THE POND" to complete strangers (family or not!) and ask them to do a test?  The suspected mother is gone.  There's a sibling to her, but it's not quite the same.  Best bet is one of the children, IF they can be proven.  One of them, anyway, is on Facebook, but hasn't logged in at any time over the last 3 years.

There's a potential 1st cousin.  If she's done DNA, it's not public -- or it's the wrong line.  She, fortunately for us,  lives in the US.  I have not contacted personally, I've been letting an intermediary do the work...a search angel.  And he was the one who got the contact with our 2nd cousin lead, who has given us the names with which we work.  But at Great-Grandparents level there are still 2 options (or six if you include the individuals as options)

I've taken a look at some of those cousins of hers who are not related to Trish.  Many can be described as "Definite African Heritage."  That's fine.  I think that's proof of what everyone should know:  We're all human, one species!  (We might make exceptions for politicians, but that's not the point!)

Thing is, I don't want to scare anyone away.  And I certainly don't want to be too pushy.  I'm hoping for a break, but I'm going to make some inroads myself.

Interestingly enough:  Many cousins are still over in the "Motherland."  Unfortunately, there is no land bridge to Britain.  The US is isolated in such a manner.  We can't walk or drive to the area to visit.  Fortunately, we can be seen, thanks to technology as we have it.  Maybe, someday, we'll have that Matter-Energy-Matter transporter imagined in Trek.


Stay tuned...


No comments:

Post a Comment